The ability to visualize complex data in a clear and comprehensible way is one of the key requirements of modern business applications. Various types of charts make it much easier to analyze statistical data, prepare any kind of reports, and facilitate decision-making. Therefore, web developers are often asked to integrate charting tools in apps. If that’s your case, you’ve opened the right page.
Let’s get to it!
Using an extensive API of this library, you can easily configure common properties (scales, series, legend) of all available chart types in the desired way. It is possible to enrich charts with numerous useful features such as grid lines, threshold line, baseline, logarithmic scale, legend alignment, and much more. Not a single change in data will go unnoticed, as DHTMLX Charts render data dynamically and all data modifications are clearly illustrated in real time. Data is loaded in charts in the JSON format from local or external sources. Interestingly, DHTMLX Chart can be used as a separate library or in combination with DHTMLX Suite UI components for building consistent web apps.
- Main chart types: Line, spline, stacked, bar, X-bar, area, spline area, pie, 3D pie, donut, scatter, and radar charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: React, Angular, Vue.js
- Exporting formats: XML, JSON, CSV
- Package size: 373 kB
- Trial version: DHTMLX Charts
- Price: $79 – $359
In addition to standard functions such as tooltips or legends, the library provides many other features for creating data-intensive visualizations. For instance, you can apply data plots, trendlines, annotations, chart branding, data drilling, and more. If you have difficulties in accurately positioning several charts on one page, the space management functionality will help to arrange them and save more space.
- Main chart types: Column, bar, line, area, pie, donut, stacked, bubble, market share, Pareto charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: React, Angular, jQuery, Vue.js, Ember, AngularJS, React Native, Svelte
- Exporting formats: PDF, PNG, JPEG, Excel
- Package size: 4.61 MB
- Trial version: FusionCharts
- Price: $499 – $2,499 (annual license) / $1,299 – $6,499 (perpetual license)
amCharts relies on utilizing threaded data parsing as well as on reusing and rehashing chart elements rather than redrawing them to achieve better performance. Incremental data updates enable you to manage chart data dynamically. All numeric and string values used in charts are brought to a common format with the help of formatters. Special adapters will help you to override default settings and modify charts using custom code. If it is necessary to show more information related to charts, popups and modal windows are at your service.
- Main chart types: line, area, column, scatter, floating, stacked, pie, donut, funnel, pyramid, and pictorial charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: React, Angular, Ember, Vue.js
- Exporting formats: JPEG, PNG, PDF, XLSX, CSV, JSON
- Package size: 22.6 MB
- Trial version:amCharts
- Price: $180-$8,925
The Highcharts debugger helps to detect and fix coding errors faster. The support of TypeScript declarations facilitates working with the library in TypeScript-capable editors. You can also implement a chart editor in the app, enabling end-users to create and publish charts without coding. Users can also interact with charts by placing annotations. The library follows several accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1, Section 508, EU Web Accessibility Directive) and supports the sonification of data. If the existing Highcharts feature set is not enough for you, it can be extended with animations and more complex functionalities.
- Main chart types: Line, spline, area, column, bar, pie, scatter, gauges, polar, radar, pyramid, polygon series, Pareto charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: Angular, React, Vue.js
- Exporting formats: PNG, JPG, PDF, SVG vector images
- Package size: 43.2 MB
- Trial version: Highcharts
- Price: From $535
If you need to complement charts with additional information or annotations, AnyChart provides a range of ready-made drawing tools. Charts can also be equipped with technical indicators for data analysis. Multiple localization options (194 locales) make Anychart adaptable to different language versions. It is also possible to share your charts created with AnyChart with others in popular social networks. AnyChart uses the data sets mechanism and data streaming to handle data visualized in charts. Data can be loaded in charts in different formats (XML, JSON, CSV, Google Spreadsheet, HTML Table).
- Main chart types: Pie, donut, column, bar, line, scatter, area, range column, and Pareto charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: Angular, React, Vue.js, Ember, Meteor
- Exporting formats: PDF, PNG, JPG, SVG, CSV, Excel
- Package size: 11.9 MB
- Trial version: AnyChart
- Price: From $49
The possibility to apply stacked graphs (stacked bar and area charts) allows showing a part-to-whole data relationship. Building charts complemented with elements from other types is also possible. Webix charts with a horizontal scale can be coupled with a special RangeChart component for working with large amounts of data. Static charts can be transformed into dynamic for working with frequently updated information.
If you cannot find a specific chart type for your project in the list of available options, integrate third-party charts and use them as Webix components.
- Main chart types: Pie, 3D pie, donut, line, spline, area, spline area, bar, stacked bar, radar, and scatter charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: jQuery, Angular, React, Vue.js, Backbone
- Exporting formats: PNG, Excel
- Package size: 7.28 MB
- Trial version: Webix Charts
- Price: $849-$9,499 (can be purchased only with other UI widgets included in the Webix package)
Ignite UI Charts
Multiple interactive features (series highlighting, crosshair, etc.) help end-users to work with the charts more productively. The Ignite UI’s Zoombar comes in handy when it is needed to focus on particular chart details for deeper data analysis. Trendlines and sparklines are useful for spotting and evaluating tendencies in statistical info. The Infragistics Motion Framework enables you to add interactive animations. The component uses remote and local data binding.
Infragistics also provides the HTML5 Page Designer tool that allows you to play around with the code and design of Ignite UI Charts and estimate the suitability of this component for your project.
- Main chart types: Bar, donut, stacked, scatter, area, waterfall, OHLC, spline, pie, financial, funnel charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: ASP.NET (Core and MVC), Blazor, jQuery, Angular, React, Web Components
- Exporting formats: PDF, XPS
- Package size: 10.5 MB
- Trial version:Ignite UI
- Prices: $849-$1,099 (can be purchased only with other UI components included in the Ignite UI package)
Syncfusion Charts is a UI control from the Essential JS 2 library written in TypeScript for illustrating data by means of charts and graphs. It contains a bundle of customizable charts (30+) with embedded interactive features (trackball, events selection, drill-down, etc.). Charts can also have animations and be updated with live data. You will need less than 150 kb to depict a simple Syncfusion chart.
The control supports SVG and Canvas rendering methods. It also has a mobile adaptive architecture and complies with ECMAScript 6 standards to permit rendering in modern browsers. Data binding can be implemented with the use of various services such RESTful, OData, WCF, or JSON. Internationalization and localization settings (including RTL mode) will help to make your charts understandable to users from all over the world.
- Main charts types: Line, area, bar, spline, stacked, range, correlation, polar, radar, financial charts
- Integration with JS frameworks: Angular, React, Vue, Blazor
- Exporting formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG, PDF
- Package size: 23.3 MB
- Trial version:Syncfusion
- Prices: Starting from 995$ (can be purchased only in a single package with other UI controls from Essential JS 2)