How would you add the word "studio" to this logo and monogram?
Strategy

How would you add the word "studio" to this logo a…


How would you add the word "studio" to this logo and monogram?

submitted by /u/Gracemazh
[comments]



Source link

Database error connection on XAMPP
Strategy

Database error connection on XAMPP


Database error connection on XAMPP

Hey so this morning suddenly I got an "Error establishing a database connection" error: Error on the localhost website

On the windows event viewer, I found this

https://preview.redd.it/a62pb7hloft51.png?width=1419&format=png&auto=webp&s=1b3f9e74952866a1a2ad1c54c6cd6f14504183bd

submitted by /u/Borch4real
[comments]



Source link

r/webdev - how can I implement a font pairing feature?
Strategy

how can I implement a font pairing feature? : webdev


I’m currently building https://ui.coach/ and I have a feature which generates font pairings and displays them in their respective font family similar to https://fontjoy.com/, but I feel quite lost on what approach to take to implement this feature because I will use google fonts and I assume including a bunch of fonts will slow down the website significantly, I would be very thankful if anyone here can guide me on how to implement this feature (I’m using React)

r/webdev - how can I implement a font pairing feature?



Source link

r/webdev - Create tables like in notion.so using Angular2+?
Strategy

Create tables like in notion.so using Angular2+? : webdev


I want to create a table similar to what notion.so provides.

The great thing I love about this table is it is very dynamic. The highlighted part (in red) in the image is what I am specifically looking for. I want my table to have variable rows and columns (depending on what users might enter).

So my question is, is there a library or some kind of snippet that I can use that is already available?

I am using Angular 8 to make this and I already have Angular Material, AgGrid as existing dependencies.

I am open to any libraries.

r/webdev - Create tables like in notion.so using Angular2+?

Table Overview



Source link

Translate your app in 2 seconds to 200 languages you don't k...
Strategy

Translate your app in 2 seconds to 200 languages you don’t k…


If you have worked with enterprise software, you’ve probably been asked to translate your app at some point. This implies translating small pieces of text, such as buttons, checkboxes, radio buttons, etc. This process often implies exporting CSV files from some database, sending these files to the employee doing the translation, importing the files into the database afterwards, etc. It’s normally an insanely manual process, requiring some of your most expensive employees, working with the problem for hours and sometimes days. With Magic you can completely automate this process however.

In the above video, I demonstrate how you can automate this job, by looking up entities you need to translate using Google Translate. I’ve used this pattern myself several times, and Google Translate actually does a decent job 95% of the times, especially for Latin languages. Sometimes it’ll mess up things for far east languages, such as Japanese, Chinese, etc – But for these cases, you can easily edit the translated entity afterwards, by giving access to the “translation app” to some back office worker responsible for that language.

All in all, I’d say the above video illustrates how you can completely automates the problem of translation, eliminating 95% of the workload associated with the problem. A far cry from manually having to export CSV files from your database, sending these on email to the translation unit, importing them again after a couple of days, etc. The database schema I started with looks like the following.

The above is its MySQL version, but Magic also has a Microsoft SQL Server version if you download its latest version. After creating my database, I generated my backend using the Magic Dashboard.

This created my backend code in approximately 1 second. After the backend was generated, I generated the frontend, which took me another second.

 

When Magic was done creating my app, I spent some 5 minutes applying a couple of changes. Most importantly, I added Google Translate lookups in my translations POST endpoint, which I did by exchanging its “translations.post.hl” file’s content with the following.

The above Hyperlambda will kick in if the translation entity you create is of type “en”, implying English. If it is, it will create a background thread, that selects all languages from your database except English, and iterate through all of these languages, invoking Google Translate once for each language, and saving the result from Google Translate into your translations database table with the correct language association. Some roughly 25 lines of Hyperlambda, reducing the workload of your translation unit by 95% – And off loading your need for manual labour in this space by probably 100%. And if an error occurs, it will create a detailed log entry in your database log.

If you want to apply some slightly improved UX for your app, I go through all the steps in this article.

No reasons to work, when you can have Magic do the heavy lifting



Source link