I am trying to nail down text readability on top of colored UI’s. I read that you need WCAG readability score of above 4.5 to be considered “readable”. And the best is AAA (7.0).

I am testing this with this web app. The current combination is readable, but it doesn’t “feel right” as an interface. Here is a part of my nav-bar with the colors applied to text and background.

Post image

It “is” readable. The text is clear, but not in an offensive contrast like yellow on red. But it doesn’t “feel right” as an interface. I tried various whites but the whites are too “offensive” on the eyes if that makes sense.

I feel like I understood only 75% of this color-contrast thing and I am having trouble tying together the remaining 25%.



Source link

Write A Comment